Thursday, January 19, 2012

Introduction

Me and my basil


I thought a post giving people a general idea as to who I am  might be in order. I have sat with my fingers on the key board thinking- who am I, for the last few minutes. Have you ever tried to explain who you are? It's not easy, so I will start with what I am not.

I am not a neat gardener, and absolute expert on all things gardening or a great writer.

What I am is someone who learns by trial and error, who has a degree in plant and soil science and who is dyslexic.

 A dyslexic with a blog, who loves plants.

 If you come to my house during the growing season you will not escape with out me showing you something;  a flower, a lady bug larvae or my worms. I wonder sometimes if people think I'm whacked but it really doesn't stop me, I can't help my self. I'm like the little kid in Jerry McGuire spouting out random facts. I figure at least here I know I may be reaching people who are interested in them rather then people who are backing away from me slowly while making up an excuse as to why they need to leave.

Here are a few pictures from my garden:

      



 I did go to school for plant and soil science with a concentration in horticulture and I spent 20 years running nurseries and landscaping for estates before I settled down to a nice desk job with benefits. I have a part time business as a wedding floral designer specializing in using locally grown flowers. The best part about that is that I get to write off all my plants as a business expense!

Here are a few pictures of my wedding flowers;







The dyslexia thing- I promise to spell check all my posts but I guarantee that you notice incorrect punctuation and the use of the wrong word now and then.The reason I put this out there is so you know I am not just being lazy or a complete uneducated idiot. I hope you enjoy my blog!



2 comments:

  1. You have one of my favorite gardens on the Seacoast! You have helped to inspire me in my own gardening efforts...and you never decline an invitation to go look for more plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring back the blog!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete